Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm Back!

Hey everyone! I know it has been a trillion years since I posted any new recipes. It has been a crazy year so far. Here is the short verson....

I ran in my first half marathon....

Went to Scottland for a friends wedding....

Built a new house (and luckily sold the old one!)

Needless to say, times where busy with training, cleaning, painting (the old house to get it ready to sell), showings, packing and so on. Now we are moved in and some what unpacked. There is still loads to do! I promise to be better about blogging and posting new recipes.

But I digress. I do have a few new reciepes to share with you. This one I found on Pinterest. I am addicted to that website! It was pretty easy to make and delish. Here you go!

Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells

By: What’s Cookin, Chicago? Blog
Approx 10 points plus

Ingredients:

12-16 Jumbo pasta shells
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup Parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons prepared pesto
2 cups shredded chicken
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup light Alfredo sauce (you can add more if you need)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a large pot over high heat, boil water and prepare pasta shells as directed on package. Cook pasta shells only until al dente (Pasta will finish cooking when dish is baked). Drain pasta and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except 1/4th cup of cheese for the topping. Fill pasta shells with the filling and place in a baking dish. Pour light Alfredo sauce ( I mixed a little pesto in with the Alfredo sauce) and sprinkle remaining 1/4th cup of cheese over filled shells.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake shells uncovered for 30 minutes or until shells are bubbling hot and cheese is melted.

Make Ahead/ Freezer meals:
Prepare as directed but place filled shells in an oven- and freezer proof baking dish. Top remaining 1/4th cup of cheese over filled shells, cover and freeze. When ready to prepare, defrost. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake shells uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until shells are bubbling hot and cheese is melted.

Serve with a side salad. Enjoy!




No comments: