Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Bites

We both loved this recipe! It is the perfect cure for when a craving for buffalo wings hits. It wasn't hard to make at all. I was actually really surprised how easy it is to make wing sauce. My hubby said he thought they were better than Wing Stop! I feel horrible, but I have no idea where I got this recipe from. If this is yours, please let me know and thank you!!


Buffalo Chicken Bites

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
Pinch of onion powder
Pam or vegetable spray
Dash of ground black pepper
Dash of garlic powder
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)

In a small bowl or ziplock bag, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken pieces in bowl, and mix until pieces are evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to 2 hours. (I did this the night before serving.) (This is very important to ensure pieces get crispy in the oven. Do not skip this step!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a wire rack over a jelly roll pan. (If you don't have a wire rack, you can create a make-shift rack out of aluminum foil.) Place chicken on rack, and bake for 35 minutes. Turn the oven up to 375 degrees, spray chicken with Pam, and bake for 5 more minutes so they get crispy.

While the chicken is baking, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and the hot sauce. Stir together until the butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and set aside.

Once chicken is cooked, place bites in a small bowl. Add hot sauce mixture and stir together.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and some celery.

2 comments:

d.fine09 said...

Benn MIA for a while but I'm back and onthe hunt for some recipes for this week. This is definately going to go on my menu. My husband will love this! Thanks for the recipe. I will let you know how it turned out.

Connie B said...

Oh LORD! Better than Wing Stop....I'm in trouble! That place is like crack!! Espically the lemon pepper wings!!