Thursday, September 17, 2009

Penne Saute with Italian Turkey Sausage and Vegetables

This is another recipe I got from the cooking class I took with my mom at Central Market. It turned out just as tasty. I think next time I will get marinated artichoke hearts so they aren't as bland. It was another quick, easy yet yummy meal. I definitely recommend it for any of you pasta lovers out there!

Penne Saute with Italian Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
Serves 4
7pts per serving

Ingredients:
8 ounces Italian Turkey Sausage
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (I omitted)
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 (15oz) can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
1 (15oz) can artichoke hearts, drained of juices ( I recommend seasoned if you can get it)
1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives, drained of juices
3 cups cooked pasta

Remove casing from sausage and cook over medium-high heat in a large, deep skillet for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring to break up sausage, until no longer pink in the center. Remove any excess drippings from sausage buy blotting bottom of skillet with paper towel.

Add bell pepper and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers are tender-crisp.

Add tomatoes with juices, artichoke hearts, and black olives ( and salt and pepper to taste, if desired), and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Simmer over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until mixture is warmed through.

Add cooked pasta and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is warmed through.

Enjoy!!

No comments: