Monday, November 17, 2008

Ravioli Night!




Pasta is one of my favorite things in life, so I am always on the look out for new and yummy recipes. I found this one and thought I would give it a try. It turned out great- rich,filling and easy to make. After dinner my DH informed that although he liked the dish, he wasn't a big fan of ravioli ( a bad childhood memory or something). I probably won't make it again since he is my leftover King, but I do highly recommend it. I also altered the ingredients a bit to make it more figure friendly. My changes are in red.
Ravioli Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
( I don't remember which blog I got this off of-Sorry)
Ingredients
1 lbs pre-packaged 4-cheese ravioli, cooked and drained (2 pkg Bertoli light 4 cheese Ravioli)
1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
1 pound of boiled skinless chicken strips, diced (Pkg of Tyson pre-cooked, diced chicken)
Alfredo sauce (a jarred light Alfredo sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.

Coat the bottom of an 8 ×8 glass baking dish with a thin layer of Alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the ravioli, broccoli, chicken, garlic, Alfredo sauce, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese until combined. (Be careful not to mix too hard that you tear the ravioli.)

Place mixture into baking dish and top with the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Set to broil for additional 5 minutes if you want it more toasty!

No comments: