Monday, April 20, 2009

Barbecued Ribs

Ribs were on sale at Kroger the other week, so I decided to pick some up. Who doesn't love ribs? I have never used the same recipe for ribs more than once. I found this recipe in my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. It was good and my husband loved them. It isn't' exactly what I am looking for. I am still looking for that perfect oven baked ribs recipe. Although the recipe is really easy, I may try to make a few changes next time. Just haven't figured out what yet.
Barbecued Ribs
From: Better Homes and Garden Cookbook
Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
3 to 4 pounds pork loin back ribs
3/4 cup catsup
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup finely chopped onion ( I omitted)

1. If desired, cut ribs into serving-size pieces. In a large shallow roasting pan place the ribs with the bone sides down. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Carefully drain off liquid in roasting pan.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the catsup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, salt and red pepper. Stir in onion. Pour mixture over ribs. bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more or until ribs are tender, basting once with sauce. Pass sauce with ribs.

Nutrition Facts per serving: 298 cal, 15g total fat, 1g fiber

No comments: