Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BBQ Meatballs

I got this recipe from the famous Pioneer Woman's website and like always she never fails to give a great recipe. My husband loved this meal and said that the leftovers were even better! It was fairly easy to make. I think next time I will keep them in the freezer a bit longer because some of my meatballs fell apart when I tried to brown them. But never fail, over all it was a success! I made about 23 large sized meatballs, and surprisingly they were fairly low in points. You can probably make some more adjustments or smaller meatballs for lower points. I served these with some mashed potatoes. Yummy!


(My husbands plate)

BBQ Meatballs - Comfort Food to the Max
From: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
(I made 23 meatballs at 2pts per meatball)

Meatballs
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 93% lean)
3/4 cup oats
1 cup milk (2%)
3 tablespoons very finely minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Plenty of ground black pepper

Sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
4 to 6 tablespoons onion (I omitted)
Dash of Tabasco

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.

Remove from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour. Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.

Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty french bread.

Enjoy!

No comments: