Monday, April 20, 2009

Chocolate Chip Blondies

Ok, I know that is isn't exactly 'healthy' or 'low fat' but sometime you just have to splurge. I was bored one Saturday afternoon and was looking through my Kitchen Aid Cookbook and came across this recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand, so I decided to give it a try. I am just learning to bake and taking baby steps, but these turned out great! My husband isn't a big sweets person, so instead of having them in the house all week, I had him take some to work. His co-workers loved them! I might try my hand again a baking......

Chocolate Chip Blondie's
From: Kitchen Aid Best Loved Recipes Book
Makes 2 dozen bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 13x9x2 pan. Place butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl of electric stand mixer. Turn to medium-low and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.

2. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Turn to low and mix 15 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Continue mixing on low, and add nuts and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.

3. Press dough into prepared pan. Bake 20-25minutes. Cool in pan, and then cut into 3x1 1/2 inch bars.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Connie B said...

They look divine, but I can't make 'em!! If I had those in my house, I would gain all my weight back in an instant! I have no control over yummies like this!!