Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

This one was good but I felt it was kind of dry. I think next time I will use cream of chicken or mushroom soup in place of the milk and egg. I am going to try and make this one again. It was a nice quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal. My husband enjoyed it.


Cheesy Chicken Casserole
From: http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/
Serves 6
8 pts/serving

Ingredients:
1 cup dry rice, cooked
2 chicken breasts, ground and seared on George Foreman ( I used leftover rotisserie chicken shredded)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (2%)
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 egg
1 cup skim milk ( I used 2/%)
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped finely and steamed in microwave for three minutes
Pepper and salt to taste

Preparation:

Mix cooked brown rice, seared ground chicken breast, shredded cheddar cheese, EVOO, egg, milk, steamed broccoli florets, and salt and pepper in a bowl

.Spread into greased casserole dish.Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes.Add a little cheese to the top and broil for another few minutes.

No comments: